Re: Emacs as a word processor

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs as a word processor
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 00:49:13 -0500

  > [ ] import / export Microsoft Word files

Not crucial in my opinion, since I say we should refuse to look at or
create Word files.  See https://gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html.

But I think lots of users would want this feature.

  > [ ] import / export Open Document Format (.odt) files

Very important.

  > [ ] import / export RTF files

Nice but not crucial

  > [ ] export to a PDF file

Very important.

The rest are all formatting features.  The program could start to be
useful with only some of these, but all of them are important.

--
Dr Richard Stallman