Re: xterm [menu] key definition

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: xterm [menu] key definition
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 10:13:03 -0400

>>Do you have a "menu" key which emits the `Menu` X11 event and for which
>>your terminal emits `\E[29~`?
> Indeed. I have the same behavior the xterm maintainer described for his
> system.

Duh, silly me: not sure why I didn't think of it before, but I xmodmap'd
some of my keys so as to have a `Menu` key and a `F16` key, and indeed
I see here that the both emit `\E[29~` in my xterm.

So, I'd tend to agree that mapping that `\E[29~` sequence back to
[print] is probably worse than mapping it to either [f16] or [menu].
And I suspect that a menu key is a lot more common nowadays than an
f16 key.

        Stefan