Re: Select completions from the minibuffer

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Select completions from the minibuffer
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 20:46:43 +0100

On Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 08:19:47PM +0200, Juri Linkov wrote:
Now there is a variable completions-highlight-face. When nil highlight
is disabled, otherwise it must be a the face to use, by default
completions-highlight.

I had the mode before because I needed some initialization, but with the
cursor-face feature that is not needed and the code got simpler.

If anyone knows how to modify redisplay--update-cursor-face-highlight to
enable cursor-face to accept cons and plists (as the documentation of
mouse-face indicates it should) please just add it there.

Please clarify what cons and plists.  Where the documentation says
about cons and plists for mouse-face?

Hi Juri:

In: 33.19.4 Properties with Special Meanings

Look at the `face` property values; there are 4 more apart from face
name (symbol or string).

In principle mouse-face accepts the same formats right? So I suppose
that cursor-face should also support them.

Currently in my code only the "symbol" alternative is supported. Adding
string is simple to implement, but I suppose there is some API I am not
aware of to support the other cases and I don't want to reinvent the
wheel.

Best,
Ergus