Re: Select completions from the minibuffer

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Select completions from the minibuffer
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 13:07:02 +0100

On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 10:47:29AM +0200, Juri Linkov wrote:
First tab: attempts to complete common and shows completions
Second tab: go to completions and select first candidate.
Following tabs: move to next candidate

Look at the attached patch that produces this behavior... I am
not sure is we want to add it, but it is useful in my case to mix

completion-auto-help 'always/'visible
completion-auto-select 'second-tab

Thanks, I think it's useful, and it works nicely when I tested it.
So +1 for installing your patch.

If you think this is useful I may add it to a branch and add some
documentation.

Do you want to reuse your branch feature/completions-customs?
It's not deleted yet, although there is a rule to delete the branch
after merging.

I already deleted it on yesterday... So I will recreate it.