Re: Select completions from the minibuffer

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Select completions from the minibuffer
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 18:23:10 +0100

On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 10:24:00AM +0200, Juri Linkov wrote:
Since Ergus finished implementing new features in the
feature/completions-customs branch (and I fixed small things
like renaming completion-header-format to completions-header-format),
the branch is ready for merging to master now.  After that
we could add more patches based on new features.

Sounds good to me.

So now the branch is merged to master.  Thanks Ergus for implementing
these features.

Hi Juri:

I see that setting cursor-face-highlight-nonselected-window to t by
default produces a highlight a bit annoying for some users...

So I think that we may disable it and problem solved.

For your selection from minibuffer I am not sure how you plan to enable
it, but I suppose you will make a minor mode, so instead of setq-local
on every call probably you will prefer to do something like:

(defun minibuffer-select-completion-setup-function ()
   (with-current-buffer standard-output
      (when completions-highlight-face
        (setq-local cursor-face-highlight-nonselected-window t))))

(add-hook 'completion-setup-hook #'minibuffer-select-completion-setup-function)

Is it fine for you?