Re: About LaTeX/TeX modes

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: About LaTeX/TeX modes
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2022 16:29:38 +0200

"T.V Raman" <raman@google.com> writes:

> Could you say where/how you configured auctex to do the auto-insertion

The relevant part of my AUCTeX configuration looks like this:

;; Set before loading out of local repo:
(setq TeX-data-directory "~/path/to/repo/auctex"
      TeX-lisp-directory TeX-data-directory)

;; Load AUCTeX out of repo:
(load "~/path/to/repo/auctex/auctex.el" nil t t)

;; Always ask for TeX-master
(setq-default TeX-master nil)

I load AUCTeX from a local repo, so I have to set `TeX-data-directory'
and `TeX-lisp-directory' before loading auctex.el, and then the final
form for `TeX-master'.  This is it.

How did you install and configure AUCTeX?

Best, Arash