Re: Abysmal state of GTK build

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Abysmal state of GTK build
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 16:35:56 +0300

> From: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 21:30:38 +0800
>
> I doubt that it would even be possible at all with our manpower to
> implement "our own toolkit" on all platforms.

Maybe someone should take another look at a possible use of Qt?

In any case, the MS-Windows port is not part of this dilemma: we are
using the only system "toolkit" available there, so we are quite
consistent with the look-and-feel of other GUI apps, and lately
extended our support for system-wide toolkit themes as well.