Re: Abysmal state of GTK build

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Abysmal state of GTK build
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 11:39:27 +0200

Gerd Möllmann <gerd.moellmann@gmail.com> writes:

> But maybe I'm biased because I've been using C++ in commercial settings
> a lot, in large projects, and for a very long time.  I'd be interested to
> hear what other contributors think about this.

I don't thing reading/writing C++ would be a problem for most Emacs
contributors.  My main reservation is how slow compiling C++ code seems
to be -- whenever I'm building something written in C++ (especially if
it uses Qt, apparently) I schedule a couple of laps around the block to
have something to do while waiting.