Re: Abysmal state of GTK build

From: Gerd Möllmann
Subject: Re: Abysmal state of GTK build
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 09:38:10 +0200

(Not that that's necessarily a deal breaker.)
Exactly.  GCC already needs a C++ compiler to build, and so does GDB.
I see no problem requiring that for Emacs

I think that would be a Good Thing, independent of Qt.

At least from my experience, using C++ can make it a lot easier to
structure large code bases, and thus make them more easily comprehendable.
Independently of what one thinks about the language itself :-).

But maybe I'm biased because I've been using C++ in commercial settings
a lot, in large projects, and for a very long time.  I'd be interested to
hear what other contributors think about this.