Re: Abysmal state of GTK build

From: Payas Relekar
Subject: Re: Abysmal state of GTK build
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 12:30:29 +0530

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> But after some investigation, I've come to the conclusion that no
> toolkit will be able to replace the hand-crafted Emacs X11 support,
> especially in very tricky areas such as drag-and-drop and selections.

How much of an issue will this be on Wayland systems? Considering GTK4
will probably drop X11 support, and Fedora, Debian and Ubuntu (likely
covering vast majority of Linux desktop) are Wayland default, how much
of a critical dependence do we have on custom X11 support, and how much
can we afford to rely on Qt to not have these issues on Wayland?

Thanks,
Payas