Re: Splitting image-dired.el into smaller files

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Splitting image-dired.el into smaller files
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 12:02:47 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> How come, when all the code now lives on the same file and we don't
> have any problems?  Maybe your factoring between the files needs
> revisiting?

For example, `image-dired-dir' is used in image-dired-tags.el,
image-dired-dired.el, and image-dired.el.  To have a non-circular
dependency graph, I introduced image-dired-util.el, which gives me a
diamond shaped dependency graph with arrows pointing in only one
direction.

It's possible that this is fixable using autoloads, but that leaves us
with the same number of files, so I'm not sure it's much of an
improvement.

But maybe I'm missing something.