Re: log-edit-insert-changelog even when run git/hg from the

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: log-edit-insert-changelog even when run git/hg from the
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 14:03:14 +0300

On 01.10.2022 08:58, Uwe Brauer wrote:
I think the most common use case, that also git users use quite a bit,
would be the rebase command, since in my understanding vc does not
support it and so the ChangeLog in that case would be unavailable.

Wouldn't you need to insert the older entries from ChangeLog, as you're rebasing the older commits?

And why are you inserting ChangeLog entries at all? Shouldn't they already be in the commit messages to be edited?

I have never used ChangeLog files outside of Emacs development, in any project.

But even with Emacs I'm curious about these two questions.