Re: log-edit-insert-changelog even when run git/hg from the

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: log-edit-insert-changelog even when run git/hg from the
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 08:22:07 +0200

> On 01.10.2022 15:51, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> I prefer merging as well, but I'm fine with either.

> Normally, when you edit the log message for the combined changeset,
> all the messages from the squashed commits should already be present
> in the buffer. So you would just rearrange them and commit.

Ah, I checked this carefully again, setting up a new dummy repository, did some
commits (with ChangeLogs) and I have to admit you are right. I have to check my
usecase more carefully.

> So I never felt the need to insert changelog entries again (after
> doing that when creating the original sequence of commits).

> We have a ready counterpart for that feature for the Git backend, and
> I should hopefully make it support Hg as well, before Emacs 29 is out.

This is really great. But it is not in master, yet?

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.