Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: xenodasein
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 12:10:17 +0200 (CEST)

Demands over changing eglot's name are super annoying.  A name
change is going to accomplish absolutely nothing, maybe except
disrespecting the author.  If you want to do that at least come
up with an actually good name.  Not with ludicrous things like
"{smart,intelligent,clever}-mode" or "IntelliSense."
Descriptions (hardly names) like lsp-mode are passable but
definitely less tasteful so authors should decide whether they
prefer this-package-does-this-and-uses-this-software-protocol-
implementing-other-software-thing-mode or something both tasteful
AND descriptive like Emacs Polyglot.

I for one never got bothered when I saw Emacs packages like Gnus
and not immediately understand "crazy customizable news reader
that is somehow a great mail client."  I suspect it is the same
for most users, considering the names of extremely popular software
worldwide.