Re: noverlay branch

From: Matt Armstrong
Subject: Re: noverlay branch
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 09:51:32 -0700

> I just updated the noverlay branch to the code in `master` (most of it
> was mechanical except for the fact that since the last commit on that
> branch we have gotten rid of Lisp_Misc and we moved to pdumper).
>
> I'm getting ready to install this in `master`, so I'd encourage people
> to try this code as much as possible to try and weed out the most
> glaring problems before it hits master.

Stefan (and others), where are we at with this?  Are there things that
must happen before a merge?

Is anybody able to use the noverlay branch for daily work?

I'm running the noverlay branch now and was observing an eassume
failure.  I recompiled without optimization and with Address Sanitizer
and ran Emacs under GDB, but haven't seen the crash since...  No crashes
so far, despite doing substantially the same things.  I am hoping it is
not an opt only bug.  If I isolate anything concrete I'll file a bug.