Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2022 09:42:39 +0300

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 18:50:05 -0400
>
> I'm talking about choosing a simple and clear way to describe thie feature
> to the user, which would call for some change in code and more change
> in how we write about this in Emacs documention.

This has no hope of being discussed efficiently until all of the
participants have a good understanding of what the package does and
how.  Please wait at least until the Eglot manual is ready in its
first draft, and let's take it from there.  The current discussion is
based on many misconceptions, misunderstandings, and inaccurate
statements, and is basically a huge waste of everyone's time.

When the Eglot manual is published, you and others will have a chance
of reading its explanations of what Eglot does and how we intent to
integrate it into the Emacs source-code editing features, optionally
enhance that by looking at the Eglot code (which is just 3300 lines of
Lisp), and have a clear picture of what we are talking about.  Then
this discussion will be practical and efficient (and some parts of it
will be unnecessary), and we could have hope of reaching some useful
conclusions.