Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: Akib Azmain Turja
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 11:25:16 +0600

"Christopher M. Miles" <numbchild@gmail.com> writes:

> After reading this long thread, I have some name options:
>
> - lsp-client (It's a client of LSP, then name it as it is)
> - lsp-frontend (Similar name like lsp-client, In case the -client is used in
> library filename.)
> - language-server-client (meaningful name than lsp-client)
> - language-server-frontend
> - language-server-ide (IDE is meaningful for elgot functionalities)
> - language-server-kit
> - other similar names....

I don't think that Eglot needs to be renamed.  The package just needs a
name, and I think Eglot is not a bad one.  If the name doesn't make it
clear what it does, the same is true for Emacs, Company, GNU, GCC, Linux
(the kernel).

--
Akib Azmain Turja

Find me on Mastodon at @akib@hostux.social.

This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key.  Its fingerprint is:

    7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6  66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5