Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 21:05:12 +0300

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 13:39:29 -0400
>
>   > > To speed it up does not require becoming rigid.
>
>   > To some degree, it does.  It requires to deliberately reject
>   > unnecessary and low-importance changes that would have delayed the
>   > release.
>
> In situations like this, where we are about to make a choice
> that would be a pain to change later, I think choosing a good
> name is important.  Well worth a week of delay in the release.

I see no pain in adding aliases and descriptive one-liners to an
existing package.  And I don't believe the change of the name will
mean just one week of delay.

Right now, it is most important for me to get Eglot into the Emacs Git
repository.  We can add aliases, descriptive labels, etc. later --
those can be dome on the release branch.