Re: [External] : Re: Tree-sitter integration in python.el

From: Augusto Stoffel
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Tree-sitter integration in python.el
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 17:38:40 +0200

On Sat,  8 Oct 2022 at 16:20, Drew Adams wrote:

> Why should the `font-lock-ignore' feature
> being discussed (for which I haven't found
> any spec or code, the only thread I found for
> it starting with Eli's comments [1] on some
> 5c70ff9") obviate the usefulness of font-lock
> levels?  Why does the one preclude use of the
> other?

The font-lock-ignore variable is available in the master branch.  It has
a docstring and a manual entry.  I think nobody said it precludes the
need for a more coarse-grained customization option; I only said in
passing that in alternative universe it could have been used as the
basis to implement font-lock-maximum-decoration.