Re: Call for volunteers: add tree-sitter support to major modes

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Call for volunteers: add tree-sitter support to major modes
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 17:29:32 -0400

> My suggestion is to add the tree-sitter variant in these cases, and let
> the other modes die a slow, deprecated death down the line.

I generally agree with this plan, but note that packages tend not to die
as conveniently as one might like, so I'd urge you to make them die an
orderly death, by actively redirecting users (and potential (confused?)
new maintainers) to the new code, and generally helping
transition/integration.

        Stefan