Re: package-contact-maintainer

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: package-contact-maintainer
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 08:35:00 +0000

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> `package-contact-maintainer' does a useful job in an overengineered
> way.  To facilitate sending email to the maintainers of a package, it
> would be cleaner to have a command `package-maintainer' that puts the
> maintainer(s)' address(es) in the kill ring.  Then you could yank that
> in your favorite mail reader.

I like the idea, but I don't think I would have guessed that a command
named `package-maintainers' would do that.  Not that adding an item is
that drastic of a move anyway.  Then again, mixing in the word "kill"
(kill-package-maintainers, package-kill-maintainers,
package-maintainers-kill, ...) doesn't help either...