[vc-region-history in HG] (was: A vc wish: vc-timemachine)

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [vc-region-history in HG] (was: A vc wish: vc-timemachine)
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 10:17:39 +0200

>>> "EZ" == Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: John Yates <john@yates-sheets.org>
>> Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 16:07:58 -0400
>>
>> Given the recent up-tick in vc development I would love dearly a vc
>> equivalent of:
>> https://github.com/emacsmirror/git-timemachine/blob/master/git-timemachine.el

> Doesn't vc-region-history (C-x v h) fit the bill?

I just realized that vc-region-history does not work in hg, in the sense
that it just shows the changes in the whole buffer, while it works for
git. I looked briefly at the code and could not find any special calls
to git there.

Any idea what could be the reason (not that there are very many HG users
on this list...)?

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.