Re: A vc wish: vc-timemachine

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: A vc wish: vc-timemachine
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 01:29:08 +0300

On 16.10.2022 14:49, John Yates wrote:
My druthers would be for a vc-browse command that pops a new buffer
containing the most recently committed revision of the subject file.
It would support operations similar to git-timemachine:
* vc-browse-show-previous
* vc-browse-show-next

git-timemachine style refinements could include:
* vc-browse-show-commit
* vc-browse-show-annotation
* vc-browsw-goto-earlier-commit   (regex search)

Is vc-annotate missing much of these features?

The navigation is there (n, p, d, l, a), the panel is togglable. I suppose we could tune the colors and/or the absence of font-lock.