Re: [patch: first impression]

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [patch: first impression]
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 03:14:07 +0300

On 11.10.2022 19:55, Uwe Brauer wrote:
"DG" == Dmitry Gutov<dgutov@yandex.ru>  writes:
On 11.10.2022 15:24, Uwe Brauer wrote:
I'm not sure where to plug functionality like that.
I see, but supporting interactively shelving seems like a nice feature
to have, don't you think?
I suppose it could work the same as 'git stash' integration in vc-git.
I thought git stash is more like hg strip, but I have to check the hg-git
rosetta

As you can see, it doesn't take too much code, so someone interested
is welcome to implement the corresponding feature for vc-hg.
Right 😉

Once your patch in included, I will try it then.

I have just pushed a backend-agnostic implementation to master which should hopefully avoid all those problems at the cost of some runtime overhead (file copying and such).

Please try it out whenever convenient.