Re: A vc wish: vc-timemachine

From: John Yates
Subject: Re: A vc wish: vc-timemachine
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 10:46:21 -0400

On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 7:59 AM Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:

> That is a nice feature, but it should not be limited to git repos.
> Can you use the existing repo-sw-independent VC primitives to do this
> job?

This is my first exposure to the vc architecture so there is learning
to be had.  My initial prototype will be based on the existing
git-centric git-timemachine code.

As I explained in a subsequent post, my personal itch is to have this
functionality available for RCS.  So, indeed, I will stick with the
project until it is properly integrated into the vc framework.