Re: [ELPA] New package: luwak

From: Yuchen Pei
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: luwak
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 23:50:38 +1100

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the detailed instruction on how to reproduce the bug.
On Fri 2022-10-21 13:54:55 +0300, Jean Louis wrote:

> [5]Basic Emacs Editor Commands - Colorado State University
>
>    [6]www.cs.colostate.edu/helpdocs/emacs.html
>    [7]What is Emacs? Emacs is another editor available in UNIX. Like vi ,
>    emacs is a screen editor. Unlike vi, emacs is not an insertion mode
>    editor, meaning that any character typed in emacs is automatically
>    inserted into the file, unless it includes a command prefix.
>
> Then I press enter on [5]
>
> Then I see:

> https://duckduckgo.com/l/?uddg=https://www.cs.colostate.edu/helpdocs/emacs.html&rut=f525d859acb76aae4e7e78fd2958fbc0d33a10e5351f3a61f9e68a85f9c71a6d...
>  Done.
> error in process sentinel: save-excursion: Args out of range: #<buffer
> *luwak*>, 0, 71
> error in process sentinel: Args out of range: #<buffer *luwak*>, 0, 71

Good catch.  It is a bug: luwak cannot guess the title as all lines were
indented.  I've pushed a fix.

> and then new buffer opens:
>
>    REFRESH(0 sec): [1]https://www.cs.colostate.edu/helpdocs/emacs.html

This is an example where a url rewrite function would be handy to save
one click.  I just added an example rewrite function that does exactly
this (luwak-rewrite-ddg-result).

You can do (setq luwak-url-rewrite-function 'luwak-rewrite-ddg-result)
to have it in effect.

> and buffer is empty
>
> I need to wait, then something appears and I need to click on that
> link, then I get:
>
> error in process sentinel: Args out of range: #<buffer *luwak*>, 0, 29

Same problem as the previous "error in proces sentinel" error.

Best,
Yuchen

--
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0
          <https://ypei.org/assets/ypei-pubkey.txt>