Re: Android port

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Android port
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 09:09:45 +0200

> From: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 08:18:14 +0800
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > It isn't just about the Java directory.  It's every point where the
> > Android port deviates from its desktop/laptop behavior.  Starting with
> > dumping, then the fact that we compile to shared libraries instead of
> > executables, etc. etc.
>
> Where should that information be put?

Preferably on the android_*.c files, each file with its part of the
story.  Alternatively, you could have a separate android-internals.txt
file in admin/notes/, I suppose.

> > ?? The Web browser comes to mind and the email client.  The scroll bar
> > in both is quite functional.
>
> Ah.  Here, in Mozilla Firefox, I can't find any scroll bars at all.
> K9 mail does have them, but of the disappearing kind.  What vendor made
> your Android device?

Samsung.  I tried their own browser (which AFAIU is a derivative of
Chromium), not Firefox.

It sounds like on Android, scroll bars are not unified, and each app
provides what it wants.  But it is definitely possible to have a
functional scroll bar.