Re: continuation passing in Emacs vs. JUST-THIS-ONE

From: Jim Porter
Subject: Re: continuation passing in Emacs vs. JUST-THIS-ONE
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2023 21:51:56 -0700

On 4/2/2023 9:03 PM, Po Lu wrote:
I have not looked carefully at this thread, but I would hope that if
people are discussing a way to add multiprocessing to Emacs, we settle
on separate threads of execution executing in parallel, with all the
interlocking necessary to make that happen, like in most Unix thread
implementations.

Indeed, one of my hopes is to have a way to package some task so that (eventually) it can be run on another thread, and everything Just Works. From one of my previous messages on the subject[1]:

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2023-03/msg00472.html