Re: Naming guidelines for ELPA packages

From: Madhu
Subject: Re: Naming guidelines for ELPA packages
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 14:12:48 +0530

* Richard Stallman <E1pygTK-0004et-1U @fencepost.gnu.org> :
Wrote on Mon, 15 May 2023 18:15:14 -0400:

> The last paragraph of your draft text, about goblin-functions,
>
>   > Instead, I finally opt for a compromise: I'll still use "Goblin"
>   > when documenting the package and prefix names in my code with
>   > "goblin-", but I decide to submit it to GNU ELPA as
>   > "goblin-functions". While this isn't as descriptive as "gobject",
>   > it does at least provide a hint to the reader that this is a
>   > collection of functions (intended for other Lisp authors, as
>   > opposed to end users).
>
> seems to do that -- so why is a change needed?
>
> I think goblin-gobjects might be a superior compromise.

In case you missed it, goblin-mode was the Oxford Dictionaries word of
the year for 2022, in what seems to rigged elections and an exercise of
social media engineering

https://apnews.com/article/europe-oxford-e1ce91a4c56588c5ece25353cbe52810

        LONDON (AP) — Asked to sum up 2022 in a word, the public has
        chosen a phrase.

        It defines the term as “a type of behavior which is
        unapologetically self-indulgent, lazy, slovenly, or greedy,
        typically in a way that rejects social norms or expectations.”

        First seen on Twitter in 2009, “goblin mode” gained popularity
        in 2022 as people around the world emerged uncertainly from
        pandemic lockdowns.

        “Given the year we’ve just experienced, ‘goblin mode’ resonates
        with all of us who are feeling a little overwhelmed at this
        point,” said Oxford Languages President Casper Grathwohl.