Re: Inferred function types in the *Help* buffer

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Inferred function types in the *Help* buffer
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 17:08:42 +0300

> From: Andrea Corallo <acorallo@gnu.org>
> Cc: Andrea Corallo <akrl@sdf.org>,  Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,
>   emacs-devel <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
> Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 08:19:31 -0400
>
> Thinking about more I can't see why we should force people to load
> comp.el for a simple C-h f.

It happens more often than not anyway, because Help functions
frequently load packages to access documentation and other
information, and loading a package native-compiles it.

I wouldn't worry about loading comp.el too much.

> Moreover this functionality would be available to non native compiled
> Emacsen as well, so forcing the load of comp.el feels to me even more
> odd.

When this is available to non-NATIVE_COMP builds, it would maybe make
sense to split it in two, and have each part stored in a relevant
file, no?