Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 13:36:07 +0000

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> True, although I would not call it as much disaster as you seems to
>> imply.
>
> How would you copy bug-gnulib into such a Discourse-managed thread?

Sorry, but I do not understand what you are referring to. Is bug-gnulib
is a mailing list? Is it any different from emacs-devel or gnu-emacs-help?

>> What about having Discourse as a supplement - Discourse discussions are
>> all mirrored on the mailing lists, but mailing list can have separate
>> discussions?
>
> Then presumably the Discourse users would be left out, defeating the
> very justification proposed for its use.

That way, some users may be able to create new threads at least, which
is apparently more comfortable for some users.

Also, Discourse allows per-thread subscription - a feature that is
absent from mailing lists. I heard multiple times from some users that
they do not want to subscribe to the mailing lists because of too much
traffic.

Note that Discourse-only threads are principally not any different from
different Discourse categories.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,