Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 20:26:02 +0300

On 31/08/2023 14:21, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Dmitry Gutov<dmitry@gutov.dev>  writes:

- Talking to our users (better, more familiar access to bug tracking
first and foremost, but anything that makes mailing lists friendlier
would also be a win; GitHub has "Discussions" which are pretty nice, but
that seems entirely out of reach).
What about using something other than forge for discussions?
On Org ML, we have recently discussed an idea to have Discourse as the
means for users to interact with the mailing list via web UI:
https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/87edvxnnqw.fsf@localhost/

Note that we weren't discussing any move away from mailing lists such as emacs-devel, help-emacs, etc. Only changing the source of bug-gnu-emacs and emacs-diffs.

Changing everything at once would be much too difficult. And gitlab doesn't have anything corresponding to github's "Discussions" anyway.

Discourse has free licence, can be self-hosted, and has mailing list
integration.

While it is a compelling option, I think it's going to be a very hard sell for this project.

In any case, I'd recommend postponing discussing that until after the force/bugtracker change happens. That alone might be difficult enough.