Re: Where to contribute manual translations ?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Where to contribute manual translations ?
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 15:52:05 +0200

> From: Vincent Belaïche <vincent.b.1@hotmail.fr>
> CC: "emacs-devel@gnu.org" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
> Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 11:41:20 +0000
>
> Thank you for your quick and very complete reply. Yes, I think that the best
> would be for me to have
> this translation under the Emacs project, as it would be kept consistent with
> the source code. Is
> doc/fr/misc/ses.texi OK for the French version path, as the original is
> doc/misc/ses.texi ?

SGTM, but I'd like to hear from Stefan Kangas (CC'ed) as well, before
we make the final decision, as this seems to create a precedent.

Stefan, do you think doc/LANG, where LANG is a language name, is okay
for keeping translations of manuals to language LANG?

Another question is what would be the file name of the corresponding
Info file, and in what directory should it be generated by makeinfo?