Re: Where to contribute manual translations ?

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Where to contribute manual translations ?
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 22:01:45 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> SGTM, but I'd like to hear from Stefan Kangas (CC'ed) as well, before
> we make the final decision, as this seems to create a precedent.
>
> Stefan, do you think doc/LANG, where LANG is a language name, is okay
> for keeping translations of manuals to language LANG?
>
> Another question is what would be the file name of the corresponding
> Info file, and in what directory should it be generated by makeinfo?

How do other GNU projects manage these files?  For instance there is a
Ukrainian and a Slovak translation of the help2man manual on my computer
(whose presence I cannot explain), so if other GNU projects have already
adopted a scheme for organizing documentation translations, we should
follow in their footsteps, if only for consistency's sake.