Re: A new collaborative editing package (maybe tangent)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: A new collaborative editing package (maybe tangent)
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 22:32:32 -0500

This is potentially very useful, but we should choose the design
we are aiming for, not just drift into it.

Since there are no shared documents,
what do these collab servers communicate about?
Why do they need to communicate at all?
What job do they do?

What sort of encryption do they use?
This would not be good to promote if it does not offer privacy.

What formats can documents be stored in?  Does it handle any format
Emacs can look at?

What external programs does this depend on?