Re: Question on set-window-margins

From: Nicolas P. Rougier (inria)
Subject: Re: Question on set-window-margins
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2024 15:05:13 +0100

Eli Zaretskii [2024-01-03 at 15:15] wrote:
I added that, but I'm always surprised by people jumping to
conclusions without studying both the relevant doc string(s) and the relevant descriptions in the manual. Doc strings and the manuals have
different purposes and different size limitations, so it's
unreasonable to expect only one of them to include all of the
important information, let alone that of secondary importance,
caveats, etc.

Please always look up the functions you are interested in both in the built-in help and in the manual, before you conclude that something is
strange or undocumented.

Well noted. But the manual needs some modification as well (suppressing "full"):

4.1 Finding More Information:

If you are interested, you can get the full documentation of any Emacs Lisp function at any time by typing C-h f and then the name of the function (and then RET). Similarly, you can get the full documentation for a variable by typing C-h v and then the name of the variable (and then RET).
Nicolas

--
Nicolas P. Rougier —— www.labri.fr/perso/nrougier
Institute of Neurodegenerative Diseases, Bordeaux