Re: Adding Flycheck to NonGNU ELPA

From: Dominik Schrempf
Subject: Re: Adding Flycheck to NonGNU ELPA
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 20:55:41 +0100

Coming back to the topic --- A user story: I am an =lsp-mode= user, just
because it is more feature rich than =eglot=. In particular,
=lsp-ui-sideline= does a great job in displaying errors on the side of
buffers. I can only use this feature with =flycheck=. When using
=flymake=, the only way to display error messages is the minibuffer.
(There might and will be hacks that I am not aware of). Since many
compilation errors involve long messages, this is too crowded for my
taste.