I created a faster JSON parser

From: Herman , Géza
Subject: I created a faster JSON parser
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2024 11:27:16 +0100

Hi,

I created a faster JSON parser for emacs, you can check it out here:

https://github.com/geza-herman/emacs/tree/faster-json-parsing

It replaces json-parse-string and json-parse-buffer functions. The behavior should be the same as before, with the only exception that objects with duplicated keys are not detected if :object-type is not 'hash-table.

This parser runs 8-9x faster than the jansson based parser on my machine (tested on clangd language server messages). An additional tiny benefit is that large integers are parsed, instead of having an "out of range" error.

What do you think?

Geza