emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] How do you keep engaged with your writings?

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] How do you keep engaged with your writings?
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 01:15:05 +0300

On 2021-01-22 22:36 +01, Andrea <andrea-dev@hotmail.com> wrote:
> And what about search-ability: can you find your reviews/notes easily?
> Or is it a matter to quality vs quantity?

Another thing that helps with searchability is that the notebook is a
physical object.  Obviously you can use "post-it flags" and the index
pages of the notebook, but less obviously, you naturally remember where
things are. Often you’ll think of a note and just automatically open the
page with surprising dexterity. I used bujos for a decent amount of
time, and pen-and-paper note-taking for way longer, and I don’t recall
ever having to search for long to find my any note. Same with margin
notes in books etc.

Best,

        -gk.