Manual 7.5.3 Capturing column view outdated

From: Axel Kielhorn
Subject: Manual 7.5.3 Capturing column view outdated
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 09:05:53 +0200

Hello,

while exchanging mails with Uwe Brauer I discovered some errors in the manual:

7.5.3 Capturing column view

links to

A.6 Dynamic Blocks

which describes

org-dynamic-block-insert-dblock

But this commands does not know about columnview

Further down it says:

C-c C-x i (org-insert-columns-dblock)
Insert a dynamic block capturing a column view. Prompt for the scope or ID of
the view.

This binding does not exist for me, "C-c C-x i" is undefined.
Should it be defined?
There is no key binding for clocktable.
(Well, the manual (8.4.2) says „C-c C-x C-r“ is a binding, but my emacs
disagrees.)[*]

The commands

org-insert-columns-dblock

is obsolete, the new commands is

org-columns-insert-dblock

The command is available in the menu:

<Org><TAGS and Properties>

It would be nice to have this information in the manual as well.

[*] While comparing columnview and clocktable I discovered that C-c C-x x
clocktable doesn’t work either.
The command to create a clocktable (org-clock-report) is available in the menu
as well.

Greetings
Axel