[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Sort tasks alphabetically

From: Jody Klymak
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Sort tasks alphabetically
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 16:51:52 -0800

Hi Kai,

> Cool. That works and is a pretty good substitute, although sorting
> by prefix would be closer to GTD nirvana, since you would have tasks
> associated both with the real project they belong to and with the
> context in which they will be carried out.

Its hard to imagine a sorting scheme where you didn't have to
contextualize everything, or have a special markup associated with
the context. Do you *really* want to have to enter
1) the date (maybe nil)
2) the plan page
3) the context
for every task?  I put context into my plan pages; if you want to sort
by context, put the context into the name? (i.e."WorkSweepFloors",
"WorkInventColdFusion")

If you want to hack the lisp, "edebug-defun" on
"jmk-get-planner-link"  and save your plan page.  "task-info" has a
string of the task in there.  You can probably just sort on that. But
my lisp skills are pretty inadequate too, so...

Cheers,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak      http://opg1.ucsd.edu/~jklymak/
mailto:address@hidden