Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Sort tasks alphabetically

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Sort tasks alphabetically
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 20:46:33 -0500

Jody Klymak <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Sacha, maybe it'd be cool if instead of the lambda's there were
> functions planner-task-sort-key-daypage and
> planner-task-sort-key-planpage that did the key generation.  People
> could defcustom these?

I'll second this request for a more "pluggable" sort method.

I've been working on and off on some code to apply Gnus scoring
principles to task sorting. So that you can have a file with "scoring
rules" that are regexp matches accompanied by a score. Each task gets
scored according to the rules it matches and the number of times it
matches. This system helps me stay organized, because it makes sure
that tasks that have certain keywords float to the top, without me
making too much of an effort to standardize the way I enter
them. Plus, a nice side effect should be that you can rank projects
this way, because you could score on matching the project page link in
the task.

I've talked some with Sacha about how to integrate this, and she's
given me some ideas, but being able to more easily drop in such a sort
function would be nice. If nobody else does, I'll try to take a look
at it, but I'm not very skilled yet and thus really slow :)

--
[= John Sullivan       =]
[= address@hidden =]