[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Sort tasks alphabetically

From: Chris
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Sort tasks alphabetically
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 18:19:55 +0000 (UTC)

> enter it as "Phone: Call Albert Einstein for his opinion" and I sort
> the tasks on my day page by the first part of the string, I will have
> all the phone calls I need to make -- no matter which project they
> belong to -- grouped together, and so when I'm in phone mode, I can
> just do all of them as a batch.

Instead of sort, you could use M-x occur to search for "phone :" , that will
give you a list of all the calls to make, hitting enter on the task in the occur
buffer will jump to the appropriate part of the plan page.

I like the idea of having "scoring" on tasks, sounds a bit like the lifebalance
software concept (http://www.llamagraphics.com/)

Chris