Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner and deadlines

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner and deadlines
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 16:19:31 +0000

On Wednesday 02 Mar 2005 14:45, Chris Lowis wrote:
> > =Where= do you create the task? In the mini-buffer, using the 'planner'
> > menu, or do you amend it once its created and then do a 'M-x
> > planner-deadline-update'? I've even tried inserting it into the plain
> > text file but it still didn't work, hence my frustration ...... sorry.
>
> I create a task as normal, then modify it by hand to add the deadline (I
> guess a function to allow selection of a deadline from the calendar
> would be useful) . Then I call M-x planner-deadline-update. I've never
> had any problems that way .

=Very= useful, or as an addition/amendment to the drop-down menu :)

Ok, I've got it done [by hand] and showing in TaskPool, but how do I get it
showing in =todays= view, complete with countdown please?

> Have you got
> (require 'planner-deadline)
> in your .emacs ?

Yes.

On Wednesday 02 Mar 2005 15:10, Sacha Chua wrote:
> planner-deadline doesn't care how you create the task. =) You still have to
> call M-x planner-deadline-update manually at this point. Hmm. See if this
> works:
>
> (defadvice plan (after sharon activate)
>  "Update deadlines."
>  (planner-deadline-update))

Does this go in .emacs? Or in 'planner-deadline.el' please?

Sharon.
--
 16:14:16 up 1 day, 23:06,  1 user,  load average: 1.09, 1.17, 1.22
A taste of linux http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/efever/index.html