[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: muse, emacs-wiki (planner even)

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: muse, emacs-wiki (planner even)
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 00:46:12 +0800

TC <address@hidden> writes:

> a. Is muse ever going to be able to replace emacs-wiki/planner?  I mean,

We would very much like it to be. It's just that I'm a lazy
girl... <laugh> I'm mad daft keen about Planner and both emacs-wiki
and muse are wiki enough for Planner to work with. Actually, it
_would_ work. Hmm.

I was getting intimidated earlier by the thought of having to make it
work for both backends with the same code. I think it _would_ be nice
if we could get it to work with the same codebase, but this is not
essential, and I think it'll be a bit easier to just fork Planner and
then merge it when things are more or less working.

=)

> c. Sacha et al, why don't you guys just stop emacs-wiki/planner
> development forthwith and everyone just switch to the muse branch?

Now there's an idea. <muses>

Everyone's planners are pretty much stable and people are quite
happily adding new features and bugfixes themselves. I can
feature-freeze myself, since there are enough people hacking on new
features to keep planner users happy. I'll just accept patches to the
tree. I'll try to fix really embarrassing bugs for non-experimental
features (planner-multi's still experimental even though it's in
stable) and occasionally release stable, but I'll pick up planner-muse
again and see if I can get enough of it working to make it easier for
other people to try out.

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed