Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: muse, emacs-wiki (planner even)

From: TC
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: muse, emacs-wiki (planner even)
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 13:44:08 -0600

Again, I stress that it wasn't rhetorical. I mean, the principle sounds fine - if emacs-wiki is destined to decline, and muse to take over, then there's a clear argument for "freeze and sell" in emacs-wiki and get moving with a concerted effort on muse.

BUT:

Why? Why is emacs-wiki destined to decline? Folk seem to love it. Personally, *I* like the multi-format publishing capability of muse, but no one else seems to be jumping up and down asking for it.

At the risk of placing the great man on too high a pedestal, is the reason there's any kind of push towards muse not simply because John Of The Wiegley says it should be so? (If he even does.)

Once again, the words "shush. go away small boy!" work marvels with people like me :-)