Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Task Ordering Question/Problem

From: Jeremy Cowgar
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Task Ordering Question/Problem
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:56:02 -0800

At Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:38:44 -0800,
Jody Klymak <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> Jeremy Cowgar <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I have found if I make a change and manually save the page then it
> > reorders the tasks correctly. However, that still does not change the
> > linking page. For instance, if I am editing on the Project Page and
> > it's a Task on a daily page. On the daily page the task will not
> > ordered right.
> >

> That being said, you can run planner-edit-task-description to make
> your changes, or use planner-id.el to have it happen automatically on
> save.  The latter works for me.

The changes I am making are automated: M-x
planner-raise-task-priority, or C-c C-x on a task. I would think that
those commands would handle the linked tasks, well, infact, it
does. On the other page, they are adjusted correctly, just not
reordered.

I don't see how the Faq helps with this problem. Maybe you saw
reference to my manually editing the page, then hitting save. That was
a bit confusing (hind-sight). I was not speaking in regards to
changing a task. I was simply speaking of making any edit (could be
hitting return at the end of the page, then removing it. Simply making
an edit so I can save via C-x C-s. Upon saving the task on the current
page (Day Page or Plan Page) is then reordered.

When hitting C-c C-x on a task, planner makes the change (marking the task
complete) on both the Day Page and the Project Page. It does not, however,
reorder the task. However, when making any other change to the page (editing a
note for example) and saving via C-x C-s the tasks get reordered on the page
being edited, for instance the Project Page. The task is *not* reordered on the
linking page, the Day Page. I have to go and edit a note or something on it and
hit C-x C-s to make them be reordered.

Jeremy Cowgar