Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Task Ordering Question/Problem

From: Jeremy Cowgar
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Task Ordering Question/Problem
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:08:38 -0800

At Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:35:32 +0800,
Sacha Chua wrote:

> Jeremy Cowgar <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > The changes I am making are automated: M-x
> > planner-raise-task-priority, or C-c C-x on a task. I would think
> > that those commands would handle the linked tasks, well, infact, it
> > does. On the other page, they are adjusted correctly, just not
> > reordered.
>
> Oh! You want it to aggressively reorder every time you change tasks
> instead of just when you save? That can be done, although I turned it
> off when I was experimenting with it because stuff kept jumping
> around.

No, I think I figured out the problem. When I have:

(setq planner-tasks-file-behavior 'close)
(setq planner-use-other-window nil)

In my .emacs, the task ordering does not get completed. (no matter if I use all
the right functions or not. When I remove those (actually I think it's the
planner-tasks-file-behavior one) then my ordering ceases to function unless I
change some part of the page (not the task section, maybe just a note) and then
manually issue a C-x C-s... then the tasks are ordered on *that* page *only*...
Not on the Plan Page where the same task is also out of order.

Jeremy