Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Including RSS feeds in a project page

From: johnsu01
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Including RSS feeds in a project page
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 22:45:50 -0500

Chris Lowis <address@hidden> writes:

> John Sullivan wrote:
>> Here's a first quick effort at something like what you are talking about.

> The del.icio.us server seems to be quite frequently slow or down, so perhaps
> grabbing the del.icio.us links "on the fly" is not such a great idea. I keep a
> nightly backup (http://rentzsch.com/notes/backingUpDelicious) of the delicious
> bookmarks as an xml file. Perhaps I need a function that parses this static
> file to get related bookmarks, that way the tool would also work "offline".
>
> Thanks for getting me started ! Things like this are fun, but not conducive to
> "real work" :)

Did a little more work on this, and still playing.

New functions to save your del.icio.us posts to a file (~/.delicious by
default) and load the posts from the file. Make sure you have some posts in
memory before saving the file, because it will just erase whatever is in the
file currently. (M-x delicious-build-posts-list will get them from the
server).

Now, (planner-rewrite-delicious-posts "yourtag") will use the posts from that
file. At the moment you can only filter the posts by a single tag, but I'll be
implementing the full functionality for offline usage in the next few days.

Darcs repository is back online at
<http://www.wjsullivan.net/darcs/delicious-el>, tarball at
<http://www.wjsullivan.net/darcs/delicious-el/delicious-el.tar.gz>. The one
lonely planner-delicious function is now in that archive as well.

-johnsu01