[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Including RSS feeds in a project page

From: Chris Lowis
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Including RSS feeds in a project page
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:00:41 +0100

John Sullivan wrote:
Here's a first quick effort at something like what you are talking about.

Thank you very much ! I have been playing around with this code, and also get the "crash" you mention occasionally. Also at the moment, the function returns "nil" when I evaluate it between <lisp> tags, I'll have to play around with the debugger to find out why.

The del.icio.us server seems to be quite frequently slow or down, so perhaps grabbing the del.icio.us links "on the fly" is not such a great idea. I keep a nightly backup (http://rentzsch.com/notes/backingUpDelicious) of the delicious bookmarks as an xml file. Perhaps I need a function that parses this static file to get related bookmarks, that way the tool would also work "offline".

Thanks for getting me started ! Things like this are fun, but not conducive to "real work" :)

Chris